SUCCESS R-VI TITLE I
Pre-K – 8th Grade
Success R-VI and the parents of Success R-VI students agree that this compact outlines how the entire school staff, the parents, and the students will share the responsibility for improved student academic achievement.
Success R-VI and its staff will:
• Provide high-quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment that enables participating children to meet the Show-Me Standards as follows-
1. Retain highly qualified principals and teachers.
2. Provide instruction, materials, and professional development which incorporates the latest research.
3. Maintain a safe and positive school climate.
• Hold annual parent-teacher conferences to –
1. Discuss the child’s progress/grades during or immediately following the first quarter.
2. Examine the child’s achievement and discuss future individual student needs at the end of the third quarter.
• Provide parents with frequent reports on their child’s progress as follows –
1. Information and suggestions from the classroom teacher on a regular basis.
2. Mid-quarter reports from the school.
3. Quarterly grade cards/reports sent home.
• Be accessible to parents through –
1. Phone calls or person-to-person meetings.
2. Scheduled consultation before, during, or after school.
3. Scheduled school or home visits, as needed.
I, as a parent, will support my child’s learning in the following ways:
1. Make sure they are in school every day possible.
2. Check that homework is completed.
3. Monitor the amount of television watched.
4. Be aware of my child’s extracurricular time and activities.
5. Stay informed about my child’s education by reading all communications from the school and responding appropriately.
I, as a student, will share the responsibility to improve my academic performance to meet the Show-Me Standards and will
1. Attend school every day possible.
2. Be respectful toward others.
3. Do my homework every day and ask for help when I need it.
4. Read at least 1 hour every week outside of school time.
5. Give all notes and information from my school to my parent/guardian daily.