On May 29, 1959, the newly constructed Success School building was officially dedicated. Several area schools: Ellsworth, Ellis Prairie, Gladden, Dunn and Timber Ridge, consolidated to form the new school district, Success R-VI. The cost of the construction for the new school was $90,000. Members of the community serving as board members were: Roy Huff, Wilbert Smith, Howard Wade, Wilford Sliger, Clifford Jackson and Jasper Garrett.
In August 1959, Success School opened its doors to approximately 120 students. With only six classrooms, many of the classes were combined. Faculty consisted of Ronnie Stallcup, Dora Mace, Elizabeth Corbit, and Ruth Massey. Cleta Smith worked as the secretary. The student body chose the school colors and mascot. In December 1959, the Hawks were invited to the Houston Basketball Tournament for the first time. The Hawks defeated Houston (33-30) to win the championship. Members of the team were: Butch Cummins, Jerry Bay, Roger Shelton, Roger Bolderback, Earl Price, Dewayne Hayes, Albert Foxworthy, Larry Huff, Terry Huff, and Ronnie Stallcup, coach. The first school carnival and pie supper was held on November 16, 1959, with proceeds benefiting the school.
Many improvements have been made to the school over the years including new classrooms, a cafeteria, principal’s office, bus barn, and a new roof. Originally, the school had only six classrooms. Today the school has twelve classrooms, a library, cafeteria and 110 students enrolled. Since 1959, there have been thousands of students who have graduated from Success R-VI. Some have moved across the globe while others have stayed close to home.